Cake for breakfast? Well, with a healthy twist. Yes, please! These banana & yoghurt breakfast muffins are simple to bake, have a light, moist texture and are ideal to grab with a piece of fruit on those hectic mornings.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Tip: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
What you need
1 ¼ cups (50g) whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup (120ml) Greek yoghurt
1 large egg
½ cup (110g) coconut sugar
¼ cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
¼ cup (60ml) honey
What you need to do
1. Heat the oven to 190C (375F). Line a 12 cup standard size muffin tin with liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the bananas, yoghurt, egg, coconut sugar, coconut oil and honey until well combined.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and gently stir until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among the muffins cups. Side note, I use silicon muffin cups that can be reused over and over again!
5. Optional, sprinkle toppings of your choice on the batter.
6. Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer/toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the tin and place them on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.
Let me know your favourite toppings in the comments below.
Please share this post by email, Twitter, or Facebook if you enjoyed it. It may make the difference in someone’s day!
And as always, remember your reasons, your health, your mission and the people you love.
If you would like to support my projects and thank me for my free content, buy me a book here. I appreciate your support! 😊
Enter your details to access my 5 day Live More, Love More, Create More program
A combination of healthy recipes, meditations, and movement ideas to supercharge your well-being and support you in becoming your healthiest most vibrant self.