While we don't follow any particular diet in our household, opting for a flexible attitude focusing on whole real foods, I would say our family's eating style is closest to a Mediterranean diet. Mostly plants, the occasional sweet treat and when we choose a meat dish, it is always good quality and needs to be super tasty, like this recipe! Mongolian Stir Fried Beef is a simple, delicious lunch or dinner dish. It won't take too much time, and you can cook it on the fly in under 20 minutes after work. Or, if you are prepping your meals in the morning, you may like to place the steak in the sauce and have it act like a marinade to infuse the flavours. Dinner leftovers are always tasty for lunch the next day.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
What you need
680g Porterhouse Steak New, thinly sliced
Salt & pepper for seasoning
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, grated
⅓ cup (80ml) tamari
⅓ cup (80ml) water
½ cup coconut sugar
2 green/spring onions, sliced
1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
Steamed rice or zucchini noodles (your choice for serving)
What you need to do
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Rubbing it into the meat.
- Cook the rice according the instructions on the packaging. Or prepare the zucchini noodles.
- In a large bowl place the cornstarch, then toss through the seasoned meat until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan, using medium heat. Add in minced garlic and grated ginger, sauté for a minute. Add tamari, water and sugar allow to simmer. Stir consistently until the coconut sugar dissolves. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan and place the pan back over the heat. Place the steak in the hot pan searing the steak until evenly browned on all sides.
- Pour the bowl of sauce into the pan over the steak. Stir through the sauce then allow to simmer for 1 -2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add in green/spring onions and stir for a minute.
- Serve over cooked rice.
If you want to make healthy eating simple and easy with recipes that support your digestive and detoxification pathways, reduce bloating, and nourish you from the inside out, explore my Seasonal Nutrition Resets. They are loaded with whole food recipes to download and use whenever you want. One for each season is available here.
As always, remember your reasons, your health, your mission, and the people you love.
If you would like to support my projects and thank me for my free content, you can do so here.
I appreciate your support! 😊
Want to be your healthiest, most vibrant self?
Download my FREE 5 day Live More, Love More,
Create More program
A combination of healthy recipes, mindfulness meditation, and movement ideas to supercharge your well-being and support you in becoming your healthiest most vibrant self.