‘Inspirational words’ is the space where you can come for those times on your personal development journey when you feel lost, lacking focus, or triggered, or your ‘self-talk’ leaves you feeling unworthy, when you need to hear something wise, uplifting, and inspirational as a reminder that you are a miracle and deserve to be the best for yourself and those you love.
This is also a space for those times when you aspire to something greater, a dream or goal and vision of your future that is different from your reality today. Use these words to empower yourself to overcome the challenges and make the changes to realise your dreams.
I encourage you to read the words, reflect on them and journal the emotions that bubble to the surface for you. Too often, we let the negativity fester, bringing us down. It’s okay to have what I call a ‘pity party’; just give it a time frame, one hour, one day, or one week, and use that time to explore and process what you need to. Seek out support and professional help if you need it.
Ten Suggestions for a Successful Future
By Barbara Cage
- Realise that life isn’t always fair. Accept what you must, and change, what you can.
- Think before you act. A moment of carelessness or anger can cause years of anguish and regret.
- Look for the beauty in life, in people, in nature, and in yourself.
- Appreciate what you have: the people, the opportunities, the material possessions.
- Make the effort to have fun: it’s a great way to bond with others, and it makes some of the best memories.
- Set aside some time for yourself. Do something you enjoy without feeling even a little guilty.
- Accept others without judgement. Everyone is unique, and it’s okay to be different.
- Bitterness and resentment hurt you more than the person you direct them at.
- Open your mind, to new ideas and activities, and don’t be afraid to try.
- Dream. Make plans, believe in yourself, and go for what you want.
For more poetry, inspiring words and uplifting posts, from the ‘inspirational words’ blog category click here.
Number 6 is what I find the hardest. The residue of being tied to the notion that you must be busy and if you aren’t doing something to move toward your goals you are lazy. I am much better these days, but occasionally catch myself and have to shrug off the negative self-talk when I set aside time just for me. Share your reflections in the comments. I would love to hear how the words resonate with you.
Remember, when you fall in love with yourself, everything else falls into place.
If you would like to support my projects and thank me for my free content, you can do so here. I appreciate your support! 😊
Want to be your healthiest, most vibrant self?
Download my FREE 5 day Live More, Love More,
Create More program
A combination of healthy recipes, mindfulness meditation, and movement ideas to supercharge your well-being and support you in becoming your healthiest most vibrant self.